Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bulb Planting Season!!

On Saturday I planted over 100 new blubs in the front yard. I bought a bunch of bulbs online at Brent and Becky's Bulbs a while back and then waited for them to be shipped. They ship them out according to your zone so us Southerners get them later in the fall than other parts of the US.

I decided while I was working on the bed around our dogwood I might as well edge it with some scrap timber my dad brought up for Jonny and I to put to use. It had been sitting in our carport for months now and I am really happy to have somewhere to put it. I plan to seal the wood tomorrow with normal deck sealer. I'm pretty happy with how it all came out. Now I'm excited for spring when I get to see the amazing flowers all around the yard.

I might be biased, but I truly think bulbs have the most beautiful and unique flowers of all plants. They even rival orchids in my opinion!



No comments:

Post a Comment