Monday, November 12, 2012

DIY Bird Baths

I am a cheap person. There I said it. If I can make something myself for little to no money, I will figure out how to make it. I have been eying bird baths over the last month or two (my dream is to get my yard certified by the Audubon Society). I bought some deep planter bottoms that I thought would work well as the basin for a couple of bird baths. I think I got them on Amazon for $5 a piece. I just spray painted them silver and then used the left over metal fencing we had laying around to make the stand. And there you have it, a trellis bird bath that will be wrapped in jasmine vines come spring. Here are step by step photos. One thing to note, I did not tie down the basins to the stands so that I could easily wash them out every week. This project took me about 15 minutes to put everything together. The hardest part was getting them level on the hill I have them on!




No comments:

Post a Comment